Monday, April 18, 2016

NaPoWriMo - April 13th Where to from here?

Where to from here
That may be the actual question
It's not enough to be
Or not to be
Or do
Or do not
Where to from here
When you are down
And not quite out
Thinking about the 'what if's'
And could be's
And should have been...
Like it ain't already hard enough
Work too hard
For nothing
No gains
Nothing remains
Only pains
And my suffering is a failure that I push upon myself
Denying my joy as all possibilities suffocate
Left to my fate
To stay
To go
To waste away
Wallow in more years of hollow victories in being the
'Perfect, passionate person.'
And it doesn't mean much
Except everything
Watching others clamber up the carcass of those they willingly sacrifice in the gauntlet to get ahead
Wish my ego had that kind of tenacity and no sense of justice or 'do good to all.'
Then maybe I would join them
A lofty view won by turning people into commodities
A vision navigated by fear and circumvented by insecurity
While people like me, still attached to their integrity, wonder
Where to from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment